Trinity United Methodist Church is an inclusive Methodist church in Grand Island, Nebraska that strives to inspire people to serve God by serving their neighbors.
• Folks over age 65, folks with underlying health conditions, and folks with small children are asked to stay
home and stay safe.
• Entry through one door (door #3) that’s propped open.
• Temperatures will be taken, and general health questions will be asked.
• Contact information will be collected.
• Masks will be required. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide one.
• Family groups can sit together, but otherwise folks will be asked to sit six feet apart in the sanctuary.
• The total number of folks possible in the sanctuary is 88.
• No hand shaking or hugging.
• There will be singing by the song leaders only, which means no congregational singing. (Dancing and
clapping to the music is allowed!)
• All hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the pews.
• The offering will be taken in a basket in the narthex.
• Folks will be asked to exit worship practicing social distancing.
• No coffee or cookies.
• No Sunday School nor nursery.
• Pew pads will be covered with plastic sheeting and pews will be sprayed down with disinfectant after
Loaves & Fishes is a food distribution ministry that occurs every second Saturday of the month. We take food insecurity very seriously in Grand Island and the surrounding area, and enjoy serving our community.
We serve between 350 and 450 families, which is around 1,300 individuals every month. Please see our events section for more information.
For Habitat for Humanity, members gather to help with builds and construction needs in Grand Island. We volunteer our physical labor and time to help our neighbors in need.
Justice For Our Neighbors has changed their name to Nebraska Immigrant Legal Center.
If you need assistance, call this hotline number: 1-855-307-6730.
Along with the ministries mentioned above, we donate items to Salvation Army to match their monthly needs. Trinity partners with Hope Harbor and donates money for gas vouchers. Our church offers many family events throughout the year; including, Vacation Bible School, Trunk-or-Treat, Sunday School, Youth Group, Coloring with Reverend Kelly, Drum Circles with Reverend Kelly, and more. Members volunteer in the community by helping with the City Wide Clean Up and the State Fair. Prayer Shawl Ministry meets weekly to knit shawls for those who need comfort.
This list only scratches the surface of the many ways our members and friends serve others within the community.